Meaning or definition of Discourse:
talking or talk between two people or interchange of ideas.
7 most important discourse synonym.
- chat: to talk in an informal or familiar manner.
- colloquy: a high-level serious discussion.
- conversation: oral exchange of sentiments, observations, opinions or ideas.
- converse: to exchange thoughts and opinions in speech.
- dialogue: a written composition in which two or more characters are represented as conversing.
- discussion: a formal treatment of a topic in speech or writing.
- exchange: the act of giving or taking one thing in return for another.
Usage of Discourse Synonyms listed above:
- Chat: we chatted about our plan for Christmas day.
- Colloquy: a colloquy between ambassadors of India and Sri Lanka.
- Conversation: The conversation between them resulted in developing a good android app.
- converse: He had to shout on him to converse him about the lunch.
- dialogue: a constructive dialogue between the parties led to resolution of a prolonged conflict.
- discussion: the arguments leaded to a heated discussion between him and his partner.
- exchange: the man exchanged the t-shirt as the bought t-shirt was smaller in size.